Clinical Handover forms part of Standard 6 ‘Communicating for Safety’ in the Second Edition of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards released in November 2017.
The Clinical Handover e-Learning course was developed by the University of South Australia and IntelliLearn and is now available to organisations and healthcare professionals.
- Unlimited 24/7/365 course access for all staff
- Comprehensive reporting allowing organisations to easily and quickly monitor staff compliance and generate the appropriate reports
- Full course completion takes ~ 1-2 hours
- Includes video footage of real handovers involving practicing nurses and doctors rather than actors
- Certificates (which can be used for compliance purposes) are provided to users upon successful completion of each module
The e-learning course is composed of four clinical handover scenarios each with assessed exercises and certification upon successful completion.
Module 1: Bedside handover
Module 2: Nurse to nurse handover
Module 3: Nurse to doctor handover
Module 4: Nurse to group handover