All Nurses and Midwives must provide evidence of 20 hours Continuing Professional Development (CPD) annually. In addition Basic Life Support training is required under the National Standards for health care and Manual Handling of patients is a requirement for employers under the Work Health and Safety Act (2012), as well as both forming requirements of accreditation.
These online courses (which can be followed by IntelliLearn practical assessments) are the perfect solution for Hospitals, Universities, Residential Aged Care facilities and GP clinics, as well as schools and other businesses.
- ACN endorsed CPD hours issued upon successful completion
- A virtual ward environment where users can watch demonstration videos and progress through the course at their own pace
- Up to date online training materials available as an organisational wide site license
- Builds confidence and reduces time required in face-to-face assessments (available through IntelliLearn)
The course covers key areas each which includes learning materials (in the form of videos and PDF documents) and questions (in the form of interactive animations):
- Basic Life Support follows the 2016 ANZCOR (Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation) Guidelines of the Australian Resuscitation Council. The emphasis is on rapid use of chest compressions and timely use of an AED where available. The course is suitable for any staff member and uses video tutorials to build confidence. The practical session enables the individual to consolidate the theory and demonstrate knowledge and skills in a face to face assessment (available through IntelliLearn)
- Manual Handling focuses on the importance of Work Health and Safety requirements in the clinical setting including risk assessment, the ‘Hierarchy of Risk Controls.’ and reinforces that WHS is everyone’s business.
- Video tutorials and interactive quizzes highlight the ANMF ‘Safe Patient Handling – No Lift Policy’ emphasising and promoting patient/client independence where able.
These online courses provide comprehensive theoretical knowledge and understanding on the topics. As both topics are highly practical IntelliLearn recommends follow up assessments by our Clinical Educators. We are able to provide this service Nationally at highly competitive rates for your staff.
Please contact IntelliLearn to organise training for your Hospital, University or Organisation.